Check your KRA Status
Note: Compliance with KRA norms is mandatory for investing in Mutual Funds.
KRA (KYC Registration Agency) compliance has been made mandatory from the beginning of 2013.
This is a one-time effort. Once you become compliant, this will be valid across all mutual funds.
You could check whether you are KRA compliant by clicking on this link and entering you PAN:
Check your KRA Status here.
Who are authorized to conduct IPV?
All intermediaries in the security market are authorized to conduct IPV. In case of Mutual Funds, Asset Management Companies (AMCs) and distributors who comply with the certification process of National Institute of Securities Market (NISM) or Association of Mutual Funds (AMFI) and have undergone the process of Know Your Distributor (KYD) can perform IPV. Further, in case any applications are received directly from the investors (i.e. without being routed through the distributors), the Mutual Fund may rely upon the IPV (on the KYC Application Form) performed by scheduled commercial banks / authorised employees of AMC.
Presently IPV can be carried out by any of the following intermediaries:
- KYC Registration Agencies (KRAs),
- Stock Brokers through Stock Exchange,
- Depository Participants (DPs) through Depositories,
- Mutual Funds (MFs)
- Portfolio Managers (PMs)
- Venture Capital Funds (VCFs)
- Collective Investment Schemes (CIS)
- NISM/AMFI certified distributors who are KYD compliant
- Scheduled Commercial Banks
We have appended herewith two Forms viz.
1. Change of Details Form [For Individuals]
(in case you have undertaken the KYC process BEFORE January 1, 2012):
In case there is no change in any of your details, then please fill Part B only and attach a self-certified photocopy of your PAN.
2. Fresh KRA Form [For Individuals]
(In case you are not already KYC compliant):
to download Non Individual Application and other forms.
The following documents are required for the procedure:
- Self attested copy of PAN Card.
- Self attested copy of address proof. The list of admissible as proof as address is mentioned in the 3rd page of the attached form.
- A colored passport size photograph. Affix on the space and sign below it.
Once your KRA process is complete, you will see this message when you log-in to the link given above...'KYC Registered. New KYC'
The only hurdle is that you cannot submit the KRA Form in isolation (i.e. without making an investment in a mutual fund).
Hence, in case you do not have any existing mutual fund investments, we suggest you could attach the duly completed KRA Form along with your application in Parag Parikh Long Term Equity Fund.
You could send it either to our Mumbai office or to any of the distributors
who have enrolled with us.
It is important that you personally deliver the Form since an 'In-Person Verification' is mandatory as per SEBI.
Please call Aalok Mehta (91-22-61406516) or Jayant Pai (91-22-61406523) in case you have any queries in this regard.