Additional KYC, FATCA and CRS
Towards compliance with tax information sharing laws, such as FATCA/CRS, all financial intermediaries (including Mutual Funds) are required to seek additional personal, tax and beneficial owner information and certain certifications and documentation from unit holders. Financial Intermediaries (including Mutual Funds) are also obliged to share information of your account with relevant tax authorities and other competent authorities.
Vide SEBI Circular CIR/MIRSD/2/2013 dated 24th January 2013, SEBI has issued guidelines on identification of Beneficial Ownership and mandated all Intermediaries to identify and verify such beneficiary owners.
Vide AMFI Circular dated 18th September 2015, following information has been made mandatory w.e.f. 1st November 2015 for new investors to the respective Fund and from 1st January 2016 for the existing investors;
Accordingly, following information is mandated as part of the above requirements:
- Additional KYC Information
- Ultimate Beneficiary Ownership [UBO] declaration from Non-Individuals
If the tax residency is other than India, then following information for all countries in which you are resident for tax purposes is required:
- Country of Birth/Incorporation
- Place of Birth/Incorporation
- Address Type [Residential or Business, Residential, Business, Registered Office] for the KYC registered address
- Applicant Income Slab details
- Net Worth details (where applicable)
- Information about PEP [Politically Exposed Person & its relatives]
- Information on specific Corporate services [applicable for Non-Individuals]
- Information about Ultimate Beneficiary Owner(s)/Controlling Person(s) [applicable for select category of Non-Individuals]
- Country of Tax Residency (select USA as a country of Tax residency, where the individual is a citizen/green card holder of the USA)
- Tax Identification Number (If not available, kindly provide its functional equivalent)
- Identification Type (TIN or Other, to be specified)
All investors (both Individuals and Entities) are required to fill-up the applicable FATCA-CRS Declaration and Supplementary KYC Information and UBO Declaration Form and submit to CAMS/CAMS serviced Mutual Fund AMC branches for update.
Guide & FAQs on FATCA-CRS-UBO requirements
1. A Guide on FATCA-CRS requirements & related FAQs
2. A Guide on 'How to fill FATCA-CRS-Suppl. KYC Form for Entities'
Forms can be downloaded from our website amc.ppfas.com. They are also available at the Investor Service Centres of our Registrar & Transfer Agent, CAMS or on www.camsonline.com.
Alternatively, you may update your details online by clicking here :
Update KRA, FATCA, CRS Details Online
Please write to [email protected]
or call us on 1800 266 7790 if you have any queries in this regard.